Horse Betting Bonuses in Australia
When it comes to a sports betting, horse racing is considered to be one of the biggest and most popular betting sports in Australia. For many people, visiting the horse track is a fun and exciting way to spend the day and possibly win some cash. But for most Australian punters, a trip to the racetrack is not always possible. Luckily online horse betting allows punters to get in on the action and place multiple bets from the comfort of their own home. With local and international horse races taking place almost every week, punters can enjoy the fast paced action live from their television and get local Caulfield Cup & Melbourne Cup betting action with ease.
The great thing about horse betting is that it caters for both novice and seasoned punters. For those just starting out, betting on a straight win would be the easiest and safest ways to go; while more experienced punters can bet on multiple horses and multiple races simultaneously. The first thing to know about horse racing is that there are three types betting categories a punter can choose from; namely straight bets, multi bets and exotic bets. Some of the most commonly placed straight bets are shown below:
- A straight Win – This is where punters bet on a particular horse to win the race
- Place –This is betting on a horse to finish in the money, meaning finishing 2nd or 3rd place, or even 4th place.
- Each way – This is a combination of a win and place bet
|1||CrownBet||5/5||Bet $50 AUD receive $150 AUD||Bet now|
|2||SportsBet||4.9/5||$150 AUD||Bet now|
|3||William Hill||4.8/5||$500 AUD||Bet now|
|4||Luxbet||4.7/5||Deposit $100 get $200 Bonus Bet||Bet now|
Multi and Exotic Horse Bonus Bets
In horse betting, multi bets and exotic bets are bets that cater to the more experienced punter. These are very difficult bets to place but increase the value and excitement of the race. Some examples of multi and exotic bets include:
- Doubles – Betting on two separate races for the win where you have to be successful in both in order to cash in on your bet
- Trebles – Similar to doubles but instead of two races you have to pick the winner in all three
- Parlay – Also known as all ups or accumulators, these bets require the punter to be successful in picking winners in a series of races
- Quinella – Pick two horses to win and place second, regardless of the order in which both come in
- Exacta – The same as a quinella where you pick the winner and second place but you have to get them in their precise order
- Trifecta – Picking the winner, second and third place finishers all in their correct order
- Superfecta – Picking the first four horses to finish in exact order
Before You Place Betting Bonuses
To be successful in horse betting, a punter should have a keen idea of the capabilities of the horse he is betting on. Attention should be placed on post position, fitness, consistency and current form of the horse in question. A punter should also note which jockey has previous wins on the particular track. Before placing any significant bet, it is best to understand the history and race statistics of the horses. If you want to give horse betting a try, why not browse through the list of Australian betting sites featured here. This is where you will find the best betting bonuses and free bet promotions that Australian sports sites have to offer.