Greyhound Betting Online Bonuses in Australia
In Australia, greyhound racing has become one of the country’s top betting sports. For most punters, greyhound betting online is the perfect alternative to horse betting with a similar variety of bets on offer. Greyhound racing is a fast and exciting sport with very little turnaround time between each race. This means that punters can place multiple bets on multiple races in one day. For Australians racing fans, one of the biggest races is probably the Golden Easter Egg worth over 250,000 AUD in prize money. Other major races that take place throughout the year include the National Derby, the MTD Australian Cup, the Solo Melbourne Cup, and the Sandown Cup.
Similar to horse racing, with greyhound betting online, a punter can choose from a large variety of betting options, from the most basic to the more exotic. For the novice punter, a simple win bet is probably the best way to start. Once a punter has gained more experience at the track he can choose from any number of standard or exotic bets. Some of the most commonly placed bets are shown below:
- Win bet – This is a basic and popular bet for beginners. This is a simple bet on which dog will win in a given race.
- Placing bet – This is where a punter bets on one dog placing either first, second or third. The odds in place betting are generally shorter than those in win betting.
- Each Way Bet – This is a combination of a win bet and a place bet, and is effectively two bets. If your chosen dog wins the race, you collect winnings from both the win and place dividend. If the dog merely places, you collect winnings from just the place bet.
- Quinella Bet – A quinella is a bet in greyhound betting online is where you select two dogs that will finish in first and second position in a race, in any order. A ‘box quinella’ is also an option, where more than two dogs can be selected in a race, as long as two of them finish in the top two positions.
- Exacta Bet – Exacts works in the same way as the quinella, except the punter must correctly pick the first and second winners in exact order.
- Trifecta Bet – A trifecta is where the bettor selects three dogs to finish in the top three positions, in the correct order.
- Doubles Bet – A double is a bet on the winners of two races, usually consecutive, at one race meeting.
|1||5/5||Deposit $100 & Get $100|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||$150 AUD|| Bet now|
|3||4.8/5||$500 AUD|| Bet now|
Check Your Greyhound Bonus Bets
In greyhound betting online, there are a few things a punter should consider before placing any sizable bet. Firstly a punter should always know the history of the dog he is betting on. If a dog has not raced in a while, then it is probably not a good bet. A punter should also know the historical racing statistics as well as the health and fitness of the dog he is betting on. It is also good to note which dogs have a history of winning at specific tracks. To get started with greyhound betting online, you can find the best Australians online sport betting links right here. Featuring the best sports betting bonuses and promotions, it is the perfect place to start.